3.2
Style and Design

I purchased a desk roughly two and a half years ago from Sauder furniture. I didn't realize it at the time, but I developed a very sore throat and other side effects, which I believe now could very well possibly be from the formaldehyde in the pressed wood.

Last week I purchased a TV stand from Sauder with the pressed wood... I have been sick as a dog with the same symptoms for a week.

It's quite the coincidence. Anyone else out there with the same experience?

Comments

Got a new desk a couple weeks ago. Def noticing a smell and causes throat irritation to the point it chokes me. Been noticing more sinus issues as well.

#1420279

I too have been experiencing scratchy throat and watering eyes since I purchased and built our Sauder corner tv stand. At first I could smell which I can only describe as a puked smell.

After three weeks we have noticed that we feel nauseous when we sit in our living room. Formaldehyde is the issue here from off-gassing of the particle board.

I am selling it off to let someone else deal with it. Meanwhile, we will air our LR daily and look to purchase a solid wood unit.

to B. Mlinac #1631168

surely others are noticing this as well-should this be reported to the company? Throat irritation, sinus issues, migraines...it all started with a desk it seems...