I ordered model 420554 media console with electric fireplace. I saw this item on multiple websites.

Every website had this item advertised as "electric firebox includes remote control and thermostat settings". I was ordering this item as a gift and the thermostat settings were needed. I chose to order the item from the Walmart website because I could pick it up and Walmart is close to my home. Before I ordered, I went through the Q&A.

Someone had asked about the temperature settings for the unit and actually specified the model number. The Sauder Support Team answered the question and supplied the multiple temperature settings the unit had. So I ordered the item. When it came and after being put together in the home of the person I was giving it to, I discovered the heat had on/off only.

This was very upsetting since it was already in the persons home and did not have the thermostat the person wanted. I contacted Sauder and asked that they send me the firebox with the thermostat settings. They informed me it does not come with a thermostat. When I pointed out it was advertised that it did, they blamed Walmart, saying that Walmart had the advertisement wrong.

They would not even acknowledge that they answered a question regarding the unit and stated it had temperature settings. If you go to any website advertising this unit, they all state the firebox has thermostat settings. I would have never purchased this unit if I had known it had no temperature settings. They are falsely advertising this unit.

They have not corrected any of the information being advertised for this unit although they have changed their answer about the unit under the Q&A. If they give false information about this item, how many other items they are selling are being falsely advertised as well?

Review about: Sauder Furniture Furniture And Decor Advertisement.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments

That's a real reality check, Sauder calling out Walmart...The are both partners in crime as Walmart is a vehicle for buying Sauder on line. It's ALWAYS problematic when you purchase items sight unseen. They are almost always impulse items, you buy thinking one thing, and getting another....Walmart get's their cut off the top and you are left holding the bag.