I got a desk and a dresser from a department store where both products were sauder ones.The desk I reassembled since it was a floor sample and when I was doing so, the pieces came apart braking the wood.

So I had to get it back in my car. It was pretty heavy and I just moved on my own. I also got a dresser with a lot....of pieces, which took at least 5 hours to put together. When I got to the drawers, they wouldn't go in the dresser.

They kept falling on top of each other and when trying to reattach, the pieces started to fall apart. I went through the directions quite carefully so it is the product. Needless to say, I have to again disassemble the item, another hour, and take all of the pieces back to the store.

A lot of time and effort wasted.Very upset.

Had an Experience with Sauder Furniture?

Comments

Atlanta, Georgia, United States #682627

Bologna. Let me iterate the flaws in your logic:

"The desk I reassembled since it was a floor sample and when I was doing so, the pieces came apart braking the wood." Ummm... Floor samples are as-is, and have necessarily been touched by at LEAST one pair of hands after the manufacturer shipped the product. I'd talk to the retailer about that one, not bad-mouth the manufacturer.

"It was pretty heavy and I just moved on my own." Again, the retailer is responsible for getting the product from their store to your vehicle. Not the manufacturer. They're the ones you should complain about. It's heavy?!? That's a terrible argument. Next time I buy a garden tractor, I'll call John Deere and tell them it was too much for me to lift. :)

"I also got a dresser with a lot.....of pieces, which took at least 5 hours to put together?" If you want a dresser with few pieces, or one you don't have to put together yourself, buy a hardwood unit pre-assembled from a customer builder. It shouldn't cost you more than about 10x the amount of a kit unit.

"when trying to reattach, the pieces started to fall apart;. I went through the directions quite carefully so it is the product." Many different reasons the pieces fell apart, not the least of which is the material they use to make them. It's fiber-board. They make no pretense about it. You want hardwood - pay for it.

"I...

to Logicman Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States #1292216

I don't know who you are, but you are kind of my hero. So many of these complaints have nothing to do with the manufacturer. Blows my mind how no one takes responsibility for their ineptitude.